MIDDLE SCHOOL ACP ACTIVITIES
8th GRADE ACP ACTIVITIES/LESSON PLANS:
* Transition Meetings: Each 8th grade student and his/her parent or guardian attend a transition meeting with the school counselor, a middle school teacher and/or special education teacher. These meetings provide information to the student and the parent on graduation requirements, high school assessments and college and career opportunities. Meetings are held in December and January.
* Career and Vocational Guidance Classes: During 2nd semester, 8th grade students take 8-10 sessions of classes from the school counselor on Career Clusters, Course Selection, Portfolio Management and Career Cruising.
* How to Set Smart Goals Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6o5PyJM3bY
* How to Set Smart Goals Powerpoint: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/in%3Asent+smart+goals/14cc84952671dcc3?projector=1
* Fancy Feet-SHOE MAKER-STEM Careers: http://teachers.egfi-k12.org/fancy-feet/
* Job-Occupation-Career: What is the difference?-http://www.k12.wa.us/secondaryeducation/careercollegereadiness/CareerReady/Gr6-9/CRL1_Gr6-9JobsOccupCareer.pdf
* Welcome to the fortune teller's career tent!
7th GRADE ACP ACTIVITIES/LESSON PLANS:
6TH GRADE ACP ACTIVITIES/LESSON PLANS:
Career Family Tree: Please see below.